Last modified: May 4, 2020
Merzbach & Solomon, P.C. (the “Company,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when: (1) you access or visit our website (our “Website”); and (2) you interact with our advertising, properties, applications, or social media accounts on third-party websites, applications, and services, if any; and, in any case our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Website.
- When you interact with advertising, properties, applications, or social media accounts on third-party websites, applications, and services.
It does not apply to information collected by or provided to:
- On any other website operated by us or any third party.
- Any third party through any software, application, or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We do not collect information by which any person may be personally identified (e.g. names, addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, or any other identifiers by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”), except that: (1) you may provide us with personal information in order to respond to inquiries you may have for us via email or telephone; and (2) we may tie any non-personal information you provide us or which we have collected to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, which may include information:
- If you e-mail, text, or call us, we may collect contact information, including names, job titles, companies, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses you provide to us in order to respond to inquiries you may have for us;
- Your responses to queries we might ask you;
- Aggregated, generalized de-identified data that is generalized to broad traits of users of our Website (such as broad age ranges of users or advertising recipients generally); and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and similar usage details.
The information we collect from and about users of our Website is collected:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or
- Automatically when you use the Website.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- If you email, text, or call us, we may collect contact information, including names, job titles, companies, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses you provide to us in order to respond to inquiries you may have for us.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us via e-mail, telephone, or via text messages.
- Your responses to queries that we might ask you.
We use information that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, support, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer, mobile device, and/or internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, device unique identifier, and the resources you access and use on our Website.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not access or use the Website.
The information we collect through automatic data collection technologies is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate audience size, age, and aggregated usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Understand and save user preferences for future visits to our Website.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Compile aggregate data about traffic and interactions in order to offer better Website experiences and tools in the future.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We honor Do Not Track (DNT) signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a DNT browser mechanism is in place.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated de-identified information that does not personally identify any individual without restriction.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose expressly disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Your California Privacy Rights
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of via the internet is not completely secure and any transmission of personal information using our Website is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site or our affiliated sites anonymously.
- We will add a link to this policy on our home page or, as a minimum, on the first significant page after entering our website.
- Users can change their personal information by emailing us.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States. The concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the world. Understanding the Fair Information Practices principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices, should a data breach occur, if you have provided personal information to us and we maintain any personal information you have provided us, we will notify you within the time required by the Fair Information Practices of a data breach that includes the type of personal information you submitted.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. We collect user e-mail addresses in order to respond to inquiries Website users send to us.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving emails, you can contact us by following the instructions at the bottom of any of our email messages and we will promptly remove you from ALL further e-mail correspondence.